Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

Golden Head and Silver Head

Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums Education Topic #229
Help Print Share

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

Apr-15-2014 at 11:57 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

by Romena Jonas.

Purchase Information: LULU

by Romena Jonas - activist, author, television host.

Book Details

• ISBN: 9781483408538
  • Copyright: Standard Copyright License
  • Published: April 6, 2014
  • Language: English
  • Pages: 32
  • Binding: Perfect-bound Paperback
  • Interior Ink: Full color
  • Weight: 0.25 lbs.
  • Dimensions: 6 wide x 9 tall (inches)

Book Description

Golden Head and his twin sister Silver Head live a wonderful life with their mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Precious. Their lives get even better when they befriend a merman named Joey.

When Mr. and Mrs. Precious are lost at sea trouble comes knocking. Without the guidance of his mother and father, Golden Head falls in with a bad crowd. Without the guidance of his parents, poor judgment leads to the loss of the gold upon his head and puts his life in danger. What can Joey and Silver Head do to help him?

Book Reviews

“This is a lovely book that everyone can relate to. It is a simple story and yet it covers almost all aspects of life.”
— Nader Vahhab A., author of Play of Universe

“Ms. Jonas presents several important life values in a manner that is not preachy, while maintaining the interest of the young reader. Good relationships result in good outcomes, and destructive relationships result in bad outcomes.”
— Dr. Richard E. Bischke

Press Release

New author of children books, Romena Jonas, presents several life values in a simple story that is not preachy, yet maintains the interest of the young Audience.

SAN JOSE, California, April 6, 2014 — Golden Head and Silver Head live a wonderful life with their mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Precious. Their lives get even better when they befriend a merman named Joey.

Trouble comes knocking when Mr. and Mrs. Precious are lost at sea. Without the guidance of his mother and father, Golden Head falls in with a bad crowd. The resulting inevitable poor judgments lead to the loss of the gold upon his head, and puts his life in danger. What can Joey and Silver Head do to help him?

As a child the books that I have read have left a lasting impression on me. Reading helped me build and develop ethics and moral standards. I have honed my sense of recognizing good and bad, compassion, love for all living things, respect, honor, and have gained knowledge and wisdom, a process that has no end.

With every book read, I have said to myself: “I wish I knew this before. It would have saved me from lots of heartaches.”

It has always been my dream to positively impact young minds and give them the gift of wisdom that the world has given me throughout my entire life. This process never ends. I will continue gaining wisdom through reading and transferring what I have learned to our youth through my second chapter book, Stevie the Wonderful Dog.

About the Author

“life is education for the soul.”

— Romena Jonas

First-time author of children books, Romena Jonas has always desired to positively impact young minds through transfer of knowledge and wisdom. Ms. Jonas has continuously strived to challenge herself and experience life to its fullest; for she believes that life is education for the soul.

Ms. Jonas graduated with a B.S. in Geology from Temple University in 1982. Prior to graduation, she co-authored and published a book on Pennsylvania Earthquakes (under the name of Gladees Abdypoor). Ms. Jonas has founded and managed two Engineering firms in California. She has established a non-profit educational organization called “Assyrians for Education,” and has served as a Board Member on several non-profit organizations. Ms. Jonas was one of the founders of a private school in California. She was nominated as the Trailblazer finalist by the National Association of Women business Owners (NAWBO), San Francisco Bay Chapter. In 2009, she was included in the Worldwide Who’s Who Registry of Distinguished individuals. Currently, Ms. Jonas hosts a TV show called “Doing Business in America” on Assyrian National Broadcasting Television Station.

Related Information:

Doing Business In America (ANB-EP1)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP2)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP3)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP4)
Doing Business In America (Special Segment)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP5 parts 1 & 2)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP6)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP7 parts 1 & 2)
Doing Business In America (ANB-EP8)

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

1. Added to the Assyrian Library

Apr-15-2014 at 11:58 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

by Romena Jonas
http://www.atour.com/library/education/20140415a.html

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service