Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

Late Donny in a direct dialogue with Saddam Hussein!!

Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums General Topic #209
Help Print Share

Albert Nassermoderator

View member rating

Send email to Albert NasserSend private message to Albert NasserView profile of Albert NasserAdd Albert Nasser to your contact list

Member: Aug-26-2000
1 feedbacks

Late Donny in a direct dialogue with Saddam Hussein!!

Mar-22-2011 at 02:27 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

Last edited on 03/22/2011 at 02:35 PM (UTC3 Assyria)

he was the head of fieldwork at the excavation site in Babylon in 1987 when the Iraqi president paid a visit. "I met him and took him around. He was very calm. He was just listening. In one of the museums there, we had some inscriptions translated. In one, Nebuchadnezzar was saying that one of the gods had sent him to protect 'the black-headed people.' Saddam said, 'You should change that.' And I said, 'No, sir, it's scientific, we can't change it, this is exactly as it was said. It doesn't mean that people are black, it means "all the people." Because if you have a crowd of Iraqis, all you see are their black heads.' He wanted to change it to 'all the people.' And I said no. Later, one of his bodyguards took me aside and said, 'How can you say no to the leader?' And I said, 'It's science.' And he said, 'Well, good. God bless you. Otherwise, you would have vanished.'"

ومن يفعلها غير دوني جورج ؟؟ في حوار مباشر مع صدام حسين !!

ترجمة : البرت ناصر
كان على رأس العمل الميداني في موقع التنقيب في بابل في عام 1987 عندما قام الرئيس العراقي بزيارة الموقع. واضاف "التقيت به واخذته في جولة حول الموقع. كان هادئ جدا ، وكان يصغي فقط . وفي واحدة من المتاحف هناك ، كان لدينا بعض الكتابات المترجمة. وفي واحدة يقول نبوخذ نصر أن الآلهة أرسلته لحماية "الناس ذوي الرؤوس السوداء". ' وقال صدام ، 'يجب عليك تغيير ذلك.' وقلت : لا يا سيدي ، انها حقيقة علمية ، ونحن لا يمكننا تغييرها ، فهذا هو كما قيل بالضبط. وهذا لا يعني أن الناس هم من السود ، بل تعني "كل الناس". لأنه إذا كان لديك حشد من العراقيين ، فكل ما تراه هي رؤوسهم السوداء '... كان يريد تغييرها إلى 'جميع الناس.' فقلت لا. وفي وقت لاحق ، أخذني احد حراسه الشخصيين جانبا وقال : 'كيف تقول لا للرئيس القائد؟ وقلت : إنه العلم. فقال حسنا ، جيد. بارك الله فيك ، وإلا كنت ، قد تلاشيت "ضعت" !!!

http://safecorner.savingantiquities.org/2011/03/tribute-to-dr-donny-george-youkhanna.html

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

1. A Tribute to Dr. Donny George Youkhanna

Mar-23-2011 at 06:14 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

A Tribute to Dr. Donny George Youkhanna
http://www.atour.com/forums/arts/52.html

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

2. What Ancient Kurdish History?

Oct-05-2011 at 07:54 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Last edited on 10/18/2011 at 05:46 AM (UTC3 Assyria)

What Ancient Kurdish History?

Dr. Donny George
New York

I read the fine and correct words of Mr. Fred Aprim in the last issue of your esteemed Magazine about the article that mentioned the Kurds and their history (click here). From my own specialty and my over thirty years of experience in the field of archaeology, and having hundreds of archaeologists as friends and colleagues, I have never heard of such big lie and falsification, and twisting of the history.

The Kurds, with respect to them all, have no ancient history and antiquities according to the Iraqi Antiquities Law, the last of which was #55 in the year 2002. In that law anything that is older than 200 years is considered antiquity and ancient history, and the Kurds are not included in that time
frame, because as Mr. Aprim mentioned, they only began to show up in the northern parts of Iraq by the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, as traveling tribes.

There is no shame in that some people have no long history, but it is shameful if these same people try to steal the history of other people. THERE ARE NO DOCUMENTS THAT MENTION THE KURDS IN THE HISTORY OF MESOPOTAMIA, as far as I, a responsible person in the Iraqi antiquities, am concerned. No one has even heard of the Kurdish scholar mentioned in Aprim's article, and Mr. Shayda is not an archaeologist. He is a surveyor working in the Inspector's
Office of Antiquities in Kirkuk.

I do not wish to belabor this issue, but I need to say three things:

1. There are many attempts to re-write the history of the Kurds, and to grab real history of real people and attach themselves to that history, without any shame, as it is said in Arabic: "Unless you you feel shame, you will do what you want."
  2. We must speak up, because the Kurds are working diligently to completely demolish and wipe out the Assyrians, and re-name them as "Christian Kurds", and all these attempts in the re-writing of history, fall in the same line.
  3. The writer of the article should have asked a real historian and archaeologists and no one else.

Zinda Magazine: Dr. Donny George is a world-renown archaeologist and the former Chairman of the State Board of Antiquities and Heritage in Iraq and the Director of the Baghdad Museum. He is currently teaching at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Read a recent New York Magazine article on Dr. George in this issue's NEWS DIGEST.

Albert Nassermoderator

View member rating

Send email to Albert NasserSend private message to Albert NasserView profile of Albert NasserAdd Albert Nasser to your contact list

Member: Aug-26-2000
1 feedbacks

3. RE: What Ancient Kurdish History?

Oct-14-2011 at 03:12 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #2

http://www.atour.com/media/files/forums/20111013AIM070908.pdf

البرت ناصر
مشرف المنتدى الآشوري
للأخبار والمعلومات والمقالات
باللغة العربية
آتور دوت كوم

Albert Nasser
Arabic Forum Moderator/Mentor
Atour.com

Attachments

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service