Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

Maotbo, our own parliament

Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums Government Topic #192
Help Print Share

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

Feb-20-2014 at 01:43 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

Konstantin Sabo (Konstantin.sabo < a t > gmail.com) | Maotbo manifesto presentation
Photograph of AssyriaTV video.

Attachments

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member Feedback

1. Maotbo, our own parliament (English)

Feb-20-2014 at 01:55 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Last edited on 02/20/2014 at 01:57 AM (UTC3 Nineveh, Assyria)

by Konstantin Sabo (Konstantin.sabo < a t > gmail.com)
Stockholm, Sweden. December 23, 2013.

“With basis in a worldly natural law, which we own as a people, we have the historic duty and the right to form our own parliament: Maotbo, the great assembly.”

— Konstantin Sabo

The common starting point – the foundation of a national identity

Who shall have the right to represent us and our interests? How shall this right (to power) be exercised legally and reliably? How shall this right result in that the power is shared, exercised and is controlled in a way that exclusively serves our people and the common starting-point, i.e. the elements and links that bind us together into one people. This discussion regarding the right to power has been the subject of a long-lasting debate among our people.

In modern times the right to power has its foundation in the formation of the modern nation and the underlying ideas. The discussion of the right to power in modern times has been essential for our people in terms of a strategy for survival. In addition, the development and the use of the right to power have for our concern been tied up for centuries by a violent and hostile environment.

Furthermore, because of a weakening of our national identity, the opportunities and conditions to develop and create a voluble, common and dynamic starting-point for our people have been non-existent.

Due to a repressive state power supported by a hostile environment in our home country, our people have been forced into small and territorial enclaves with substantial lawlessness and a non-existing infrastructure. Characteristic for these territories, before our people were expelled from them, was the on-going violence, segregation and discrimination towards our people. For example, the discrimination meant that our people were prohibited to teach in our own schools, why language development and the cultural exchange completely stalled in these areas. This prohibition is still in force today.

Exodus – the great immigration

Ever since the founding of the modern state, our people have constantly been reminded of the infinite suffering that has been a part of their everyday life. This suffering has during the Genocide Seyfo in 1915 and during the 1900s darkest period not only led to the extinction of our people, but the few survivors have been deprived of their liberty and the right to build and develop our home country.

As a consequence of Seyfo in 1915 and the discriminatory laws that followed this genocide, our people have been banned to create a strong common starting-point with an everlasting national identity. The Genocide Seyfo in 1915 and the prohibitions of the creation of a national identity have ultimately leaded to an infinite abuse of the right to power among our people. This right (to power) has been taken and exercised by strangers, sometimes alone and sometimes in collusion with our compatriots. With hindsight, this exercise of power has as a rule, without exception, been to the detriment of our people. The purpose has been to separate and rule over our people.

The escalating uses of violence on the basis of Islam, intolerance and restriction of rights and legal uncertainty in the Middle East, have finally forced our people to escape our homeland into an Exodus. When people have had time and opportunity to escape discrimination, harassment, racism and systematic murder, this has been done directly.

As a result of the circumstances mentioned, and the fact that our people have been separated over the world, the common starting point has become less important.

As a consequence of our people´s escape from our Homeland, the separation and the reduction of the common starting point is absolute. The separated parts of our people, often under a questionable leadership, are struggling with internal strife, corruption and abuse of power. These "leaders" are often self-appointed or designated to favour certain groups. Many of these "leaders" lack the leadership skills that are necessary to lead our people. This problem has year after year resulted in a weakening of the common starting point.

The situation for our people today – 2013

An Exodus from the Homeland means of course that the common starting point and the national identity weaken. Consequently, due to the repressive politics that have affected our people, it becomes extremely difficult to rebuild the common starting point that has weakened for centuries and is nowadays almost erased from our people.

As a consequence of the above mentioned, the present situation is both alarming and worrying. We are separated with a weakened national identity. Unfortunately it is therefore possible - for practically anyone - regardless of conditions, leadership skills or the ability to work for national matters, to take on the role of a leader or spokesperson for our people. The assignments of our "leaders" have been carried out entirely without any democratic elections of the leader or spokesperson.

Hence, there is currently a resignation among the people against those who claim to be our "leaders" or "representatives". It has unfortunately reached a point where malicious governments actively work and strive for the nomination of certain individuals to represent our people in situations that are suitable for the political agendas in these governments. There are many examples where individuals, with the help of foreign governments’ support, have appeared as the "leader" of our people without popular support. This has strengthened the stereotype picture of these "leaders", and has also raised many questions regarding the actions of these individuals. Not infrequently rumours figure that they have received large sums of money from the governments that support these "leaders" in the implementation of a favourable policy for the states – a policy that is destructive to our people.

Maotbo – our own parliament

The decisions we make in life are guided by the will and interest to carry out goals. Freedom and unity are goals that form the basis of the national identity of our people. Politics is a necessary tool that is needed in order to realize their visions into reality. The realizations of visions require sacrifice, dedication and perseverance.

As a people we have the will and the interest to appoint and be represented by legitimate and qualified representatives with a genuine feeling for the common starting point, i.e. our national identity. The legitimacy of these representatives can only be justified if these are supported by public and democratic elections. The legitimacy of the representatives increases along with the number who supports the common starting point and the representatives. Consequently, our collective strength and importance increase together with the number who supports the legitimate and competent representatives of the common starting point, i.e. our national identity.

With basis in a worldly natural law, which we own as a people, we have the historic duty and the right to form our own parliament: Maotbo, the great assembly.

Maotbo shall exclusively take advantage of and represent the common starting point that our people's national identity is based on. Maotbo shall at all times be open for our people, strengthen national identity and our nation. Maotbo shall ensure that we are a free people with voluble representatives and that we strengthen our social, political and linguistic rights. Maotbo shall work to strengthen our culture and tradition based on an equal, modern and contemporary approach between the woman and the man. Maotbo shall work to increase and strengthen the level of education among our people.

Through this document, the undersigned calls all interested to humbly extend their hands to all brothers and sisters with different political views among our people. The undersigned urge you to bury the hatchet and hope, with an outstretched hand, that all people with different opinions in these difficult times will stretch out their hands to each other and realize that the more we support Maotbo, the stronger our common starting point and nation will be.

Maotbo is our legitimate and rightful representative for the future of our people.

In Maotbo Syriacs, Assyrians, Chaldeans and Maronite representatives, shall without the requirement of any union, represent our people and the common starting point through a united voice. The members of Maotbo shall elect a Speaker who is also the spokesperson for the legitimately elected representatives for our people. In addition, a dynamic board will be appointed to be responsible for implementation of the decisions taken by Maotbo.

Maotbo shall have gatherings once a month, or the number of additional gatherings required by the situation and the need. Further, all meetings, votes and debates shall be spread through various media channels.

Maotbo shall initially be based in Stockholm, Sweden. Through the provision of the Swedish parliament, the debates shall be held in the parliament´s second chamber. The Speaker of the Swedish parliament (Sveriges riksdag) should carry out the opening ceremony through a speech. After this, Maotbos president should hold the historic first speech before the summoned Maotbo.

On this historic day and installation of Maotbo, Swedish prime minister and representatives from other parliamentary parties shall be invited, so shall the ambassadors from the Nordic countries, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Spain and the Netherlands, Greece, Cyprus and Armenia and the European Union representative in Stockholm.

For us humans, it is natural to have illusions of faith and hope. As humans, we may also ignore a painful truth and mislead ourselves into a feeling of indifference. Unfortunately the indifference transforms us to simple people without dreams and visions.

Will history require devastation again, so that we as a people will come to our senses and seek freedom and unity?

Regardless of the pain caused, we as a people are willing to strengthen the common starting point, i.e. our national identity. With trust and confidence in what is best for our people, I hereby sign this manifesto regarding the establishment of Maotbo.

Atouradmin

Member Feedback

2. Maotbo - Ett eget parlament (Swedish)

Feb-20-2014 at 02:05 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Vem har den legitima rätten att företräda oss?
INSÄNDARE Insändarskribenten Konstantin Sabo diskuterar frågan vem som har den legitima rätten att företräda oss samt argumenterar för bildandet av ett eget parlament med rätten att företräda vårt folk.
Hujådå Magazine

Maotbo - Ett eget parlament

Den gemensamma utgångspunkten - grunden till en nationell identitet

Vem skall ha rätt att företräda oss och våra intressen? Hur skall denna rätt utövas legitimt och tillförlitligt? Hur skall denna rätt leda till att makten delas, utövas och kontrolleras så att den uteslutande tjänar vårt folk och den gemensamma utgångspunkten, dvs. de element och band som binder oss samman samt gör oss till ett folk. Denna diskussion avseende rätten till makten har varit föremål för en mångårig debatt bland vårt folk.

I modern tid har rätten till makten sin grund i bildandet av den moderna nationalstaten och de bakomliggande idéerna. För vårt folk har diskussionen om rätten till makten i modern tid tagit formen av en strategi för överlevnad. Därtill har utvecklingen och användandet av rätten till makten för vårt vidkommande under århundraden hämmats av en våldsam och fientlig omgivning. Till detta har även en nedmontering av vår nationella identitet medfört att möjligheterna och villkoren att utveckla samt skapa en talför, gemensam och dynamisk utgångspunkt för vårt folk varit obefintlig.

Detta har så småningom medfört att vi som folk, till följd av en repressiv statsmakt biträdd av en fientlig omgivning i vårt hemland, tvingats in i små och betydelselösa enklaver med en omfattande laglöshet och en obefintlig infrastruktur. Utmärkande för dessa områden var, innan vårt folk fördrevs därifrån, det ständiga våldet, segregationen och diskrimineringen riktat mot vårt folk. Diskrimineringen innebar exempelvis att vi som folk förbjöds att bedriva undervisning i egna skolor varför språkutvecklingen och det kulturella utbytet helt avstannade i dessa områden. Detta förbud är i kraft än idag.

Exodus - den stora utvandringen

Sedan grundandet av den moderna nationalstaten har det gränslösa lidandet ständigt gjort sig påmint och varit en del av vardagen för vårt folk. Detta lidande har i synnerhet under Folkmordet Seyfo 1915 och under 1900-talets mörkaste period inte bara medfört till en utrotning av vårt folk, utan de få överlevande har berövats deras frihet och rätten till att bygga upp samt utveckla vårt hemland.

Som en konsekvens av Seyfo 1915 och i linje med den diskriminerade lagstiftningen som följde har vårt folk förbjudits att skapa en stark gemensam utgångspunkt med en evig nationell identitet. Folkmordet Seyfo 1915 och förbuden att skapa en nationell identitet har till syvende och sist kommit att leda till ett oändligt missbruk inom vårt folk av rätten till makten. Denna rätt har tagits och utövats av främlingar, ibland på egen hand och ibland i maskopi med våra landsmän. Med facit i hand har denna maktutövning som regel, utan undantag, varit till nackdel för vårt folk. Syftet har varit att splittra och härska över vårt folk.

I takt med en eskalerad våldsanvändning med utgångspunkt i Islam, intolerans och inskränkning av rättigheter samt en rättsosäkerhet i Mellanöstern, har detta till slut tvingat vårt folk att fly vårt hemland in i en Exodus. När tillfälle och möjlighet fanns för vårt folk att fly undan diskriminering, trakasserier, rasism och systematiska mord har detta skett i en lavinartad fart. Till följd av de nämnda omständigheterna har den gemensamma utgångspunkten minskat i betydelse då vårt folk har splittrats över hela världen.

Som en konsekvens av vårt folks flykt från vårt hemland är splittringen och uppluckringen av den gemensamma utgångspunkten total. De splittrade delarna av vårt folk, ofta under ett tveksamt ledarskap, brottas med interna stridigheter, korruption och maktmissbruk. Dessa "ledare" är ofta självutnämnda eller har utsetts för att det gynnat vissa grupperingar. Många av dessa "ledare" saknar de ledaregenskaper som krävs för att leda vårt folk. Denna brist har inneburit att den gemensamma utgångspunkten år efter år decimeras för att tillslut nedmonteras.

Situationen för vårt folk idag - 2013

En Exodus från Hemlandet medför givetvis att den gemensamma utgångspunkten och den nationella identiteten försvagas. Följaktligen blir det ytterst vanskligt, p.g.a. den repressiva politik som drabbat vårt folk, att återuppbygga den gemensamma utgångspunkten som under århundraden försvagats och nästintill raderats från vårt folk.

Som en konsekvens av det ovannämnda är dagens situation alarmerande och oroväckande. Vi är splittrade med en nedmonterade nationell identitet. Därför är det tyvärr möjligt - för i princip vem som helst - oavsett förutsättningar, ledaregenskaper eller förmåga att arbeta för de nationella frågorna att iklä sig rollen som ledare eller talesperson för vårt folk. Utnämningar av våra "ledare" har skett helt och hållet utan att folket har valt vederbörande till ledare eller talesperson.

Mot bakgrund av detta råder idag en uppgivenhet hos folket mot de som utger sig för att vara våra "ledare" eller "representanter". Det har dessvärre gått så långt att illasinnade regeringar aktivt arbetar och propagerar för att vissa individer skall företräda vårt folk i sammanhang som passar dessa regeringars politiska agenda. Exemplen är många där enskilda individer, med hjälp av främmande regeringars stöd, seglat upp som "ledare" för vårt folk helt utan folkligt stöd. Detta har förstärkt den stereotypa bilden av dessa "ledare" varför många frågetecken ofta förknippas med dessa individers agerande. Inte sällan figurerar rykten att de mottagit stora summor pengar från regeringarna som stödjer dessa "ledare" i implementeringen av en för staterna gynnsam politik, men destruktiv för vårt folk.

Maotbo - ett eget parlament.

De beslut som vi fattar i livet styrs av viljan och intresset att genomföra uppsatta mål. Frihet och enighet är mål som utgör fundamentet i vårt folks nationella identitet. Det redskap som krävs för att förverkliga visioner till verklighet är politik. För att kunna förverkliga visioner krävs uppoffring, målmedvetenhet och uthållighet.

Vi som folk har viljan och intresset att utse samt företrädas av legitima och kompetenta representanter med en stark känsla för den gemensamma utgångspunkten, dvs. vår nationella identitet. Legitimiteten för dessa representanter kan bara grundas i stöd från folket genom allmänna och demokratiska val. Legitimiteten för representanterna ökar i takt med antalet som stödjer den gemensamma utgångspunkten och representanterna. Följaktligen ökar vår gemensamma styrka och betydelse med antalet som stödjer legitima och kompetenta representanter för den gemensamma utgångspunkten, dvs. vår nationella identitet.

Med grund i en världslig naturrätt, som vi som ett folk äger, har vi den historiska plikten och rätten att bilda ett eget parlament: Maotbo, den stora församlingen.

Maotbo skall uteslutande tillvarata och representera den gemensamma utgångspunkten som vårt folks nationella identitet bygger på. Maotbo skall i alla sammanhang vara öppen för vårt folk, stärka den nationella identiteten och vår nation. Maotbo skall tillse att vi är ett fritt folk med talföra representanter samt att vi stärker våra sociala-, politiska- och språkliga rättigheter. Maotbo skall arbeta för att stärka vår kultur och tradition med grund i ett jämställt, modernt och tidsenligt förhållningssätt mellan kvinnan och mannen. Maotbo skall arbeta för att utbildningsnivån bland vårt folk ökar och stärks.

Undertecknad uppmanar genom detta dokument att alla berörda ödmjukt sträcker ut sina händer till samtliga bröder och systrar med olika politiska uppfattningar bland vårt folk. Undertecknad vädjar att ni gräver ned stridsyxan och hoppas, med en utsträckt hand, att alla med olika uppfattningar i dessa svåra tider sträcker ut sina händer till varandra och ser det stora i att ju fler vi är som stödjer Maotbo, desto starkare blir vår gemensamma utgångspunkt och nation.

Maotbo är vår legitima och rättmätiga representant att företräda vårt folks framtid.

I Maotbo skall syrianska, assyriska, kaldeiska och maronitiska representanter, utan något krav på någon union, genom en gemensam röst företräda vårt folk samt den gemensamma utgångspunkten. Ledamöterna i Maotbo skall välja en talman som tillika är talesperson för de legitimt valda representanterna att företräda vårt folk. Därtill skall en dynamisk styrelse utses att ansvara för verkställigheten av besluten som fattats av Maotbo.

Maotbo skall ha sammankomster en gång i månaden eller de antal extra sammankomster situationen och behovet kräver samt att samtliga sammankomster, omröstningar och debatter skall sändas via olika mediekanaler.

Maotbo skall initialt ha sitt säte i Stockholm, Sverige. Genom Sveriges riksdags försorg skall debatterna hållas i Sveriges riksdags andra kammare. Invigningen och öppnandet bör ske genom att Sveriges riksdags talman håller ett tal innan Maotbos talman håller det historiska första anförandet inför den sammankallade Maotbo.

Till denna historiska dag och invigning av Maotbo skall Sveriges statsminister och företrädare från övriga riksdagspartier inbjudas, ambassadörerna från de nordiska länderna samt från USA, Ryssland, Tyskland, Frankrike, Storbritannien, Italien, Schweiz, Spanien och Nederländerna, Grekland, Cypern och Armenien samt den Europeiska unionens representant i Stockholm.

För oss människor är det naturligt att unna sig illusioner om tro och hopp. Som människor är vi också benägna att blunda för en smärtsam sanning och låta oss luras in i en dvala av likgiltighet. Dessvärre förvandlar likgiltigheten oss till enkla människor utan drömmar och visioner.

Kommer historien ännu en gång att kräva en avgrund för att vi som folk skall ta vårt förnuft till fånga för att söka frihet och enighet?

För oss som folk, oavsett den smärta det kräver, är vi trots allt villiga att stärka den gemensamma utgångspunkten, dvs. vår nationella identitet. Med en förtröstan och tillit till vårt folks bästa undertecknar jag härigenom detta upprop avseende grundandet av Maotbo.

Konstantin Sabo

Atouradmin

Member Feedback

3. Suryoyo Sat: Maotbo Parliament (video)

Feb-20-2014 at 02:07 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1dGrIzHUpk

Atouradmin

Member Feedback

4. AssyriaTV: Maotbo - ett eget parlament (video)

Feb-20-2014 at 02:09 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/80859269

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service