Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

Archived: Read only    Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums Peshitta Topic #143
Help Print Share

Send email to Send private message to Add  to your contact list

Member:
Member Feedback

remember that %0D%0A%3Ewe must always try and %0D%0A%3Eturn the other cheek.....I also %0D%0A%3Eremember that the time may %0D%0A%3Ecome when I need to %0D%0A%3Esell my cloak and buy %0D%0A%3Ea sword. %0D%0A%3E%28Luke 22%3A36%29 %0D%0A%3E%0D%0A%3EShlama w%27Burkate%2C %0D%0A%3EPaul %0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A.

Dec-- at 00: AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #

Print Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Send email to Andrew Gabriel RothSend private message to Andrew Gabriel RothView profile of Andrew Gabriel RothAdd Andrew Gabriel Roth to your contact list

Member: Sep-6-2000
Member Feedback

1. RE: Please, we need your help!

Nov-22-2000 at 11:37 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Shlama all--

To any kind of Jew (messianic, conventional, whatever)-- this kind of spiritual oppression is completely unacceptable. I have signed the petition...no one who has had their people go through genocide can afford to look the other way. The Nazis deny their wrongdoing even today as well.

When I think of my Ashurai brothers I weep bitter tears. They are so much like my people, but are neither nearly as numerous nor well armed as Israel is. There are no Ashurai helicopter gunships to protect them, and they are surrounded by millions who could wipe them out in a heartbeat. But the first casualty in this kind of

We don't need another krystallnacht and we don't need another Cambodia-- or Rwanda-- or Russian pogrom.

If we turn our backs, no one will be safe. As the great Rabbi Hillel once said:

"If not me, who? If not now, when?"

And Akhi Paul, as for a future vacation plan, remember that these Turks need not know that you are Ashurai. You are, after all an American citizen, as am I. We could say we were on our way to Saint Sofia's in Istanbul and took a wrong turn at the mountain range.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Send email to Paul YounanSend private message to Paul YounanView profile of Paul YounanAdd Paul Younan to your contact list

Member: Jun-1-2000
Member Feedback

2. Thank you Akhi!

Nov-22-2000 at 12:27 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #1

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-00 AT 12:30 PM (CST)

Shlama Akhi and All!

Thank you so much for your support. I know that this issue is important to all Christians, and my Jewish brethren, who have endured centuries of massacres and Holocaust as well.

We can remember the Roman persecutions of Christians, the Nazi persecutions of Jews and the Turkish persecution of Assyrians. All of these have one thing in common - they are all from Satan himself and must be opposed by all decent and caring human beings!

Turkey had succesfully wiped out the communities of the Church of the East in 1915 from within its borders, and now, the few thousand remaining members of the Syriac Orthodox Church are in grave danger.

The Turkish fundamentalist Islamic forces, in spite of Turkey's false secular image, are the real power in that country.

The Assyrian people (of all the Churches, COE, SOC and Chaldean) have lost 2/3 of their number because of the racist and Islamic terrorist regime in Turkey. Armenians and Pontian Greeks are the other 2 communities who were victims of this same Genocide.

Father Yusuf is being tortured as we speak. I wish I was back there now.

This is an attack on Christianity, on freedom of religion, on freedom of speech....on the most basic of human rights.

Please help to save this noble, brave and helpless Priest from the sword and passion of Islam! Please sign the petition, and most of all, please pray that God may deliver him from the hands of the evil one!

Shlama w'Burkate,
Paul

>Shlama all--
>
>To any kind of Jew (messianic,
>conventional, whatever)-- this kind of
>spiritual oppression is completely unacceptable.
> I have signed the
>petition...no one who has had
>their people go through genocide
>can afford to look the
>other way. The Nazis
>deny their wrongdoing even today
>as well.
>
>When I think of my Ashurai
>brothers I weep bitter tears.
> They are so much
>like my people, but are
>neither nearly as numerous nor
>well armed as Israel is.
> There are no Ashurai
>helicopter gunships to protect them,
>and they are surrounded by
>millions who could wipe them
>out in a heartbeat. But
>the first casualty in this
>kind of
>
>
>We don't need another krystallnacht and
>we don't need another Cambodia--
>or Rwanda-- or Russian pogrom.
>
>
>If we turn our backs, no
>one will be safe.
>As the great Rabbi Hillel
>once said:
>
>"If not me, who? If
>not now, when?"
>
>And Akhi Paul, as for a
>future vacation plan, remember that
>these Turks need not know
>that you are Ashurai.
>You are, after all an
>American citizen, as am I.
> We could say we
>were on our way to
>Saint Sofia's in Istanbul and
>took a wrong turn at
>the mountain range.
>
>Shlama w'burkate
>Andrew Gabriel Roth

Print Top
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Send email to Andrew Gabriel RothSend private message to Andrew Gabriel RothView profile of Andrew Gabriel RothAdd Andrew Gabriel Roth to your contact list

Member Feedback

4. RE: Please, we need your help!

Nov-22-2000 at 02:18 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #1

Shlama all-

I noticed part of my intended remarks did not go through. My fault obviously.

Let me amplify my previous post and finish what I meant to say:

"But the first casualty is a war like this one is...THE TRUTH!"

My passions outraced my fingers, and I apologize for that.

We should all research that House Resolution Akhi Dean mentioned. There must be something of it on a government web site. I am also willing to write to my senators. One of them, Arlen Specter, is Jewish and is a stauch supporter of human rights. The same can be said of our junior senator, Rick Santorum. If I need to actually though write to my congressional representatives because of the disposition of the bill, let me know.

I also think that certain other organizations should be made aware of this.

Bnai Brith condemned black church bombings a few years back so they might back this too.

The Southern Christian Leadership Council might also have an interest, as would the National Council of Christians and Jews.

Maybe even the RCC??? That might make up for a few of their mistakes in the past?

I don't know...we will all need everyone's input on this to make anything work. No more of this evil. Not one more life. The Semitic Christian flame must not be extinguished from the earth.

I can only pray that the true meaning of the word "Islam" -- which is peace -- be carried out speedily in our days in Turkey and anywhere else where men of good faith disagree. O' Ishmael, O Ishmael! Come back to our tent, rest, and be satisfied. Let not our father Abraham be troubled anymore.

b qadash shma d'Abwoon d'bwashmaya, w'b'reh Maran Eshoo Meshikha, w'Rokha d'qadoosha.

Shubkha l'Alaha w' maranatha aw-mayn,

Andrew Gabriel Roth

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Send email to Paul YounanSend private message to Paul YounanView profile of Paul YounanAdd Paul Younan to your contact list

Member Feedback

6. A list of Turkish embassies....

Nov-22-2000 at 02:58 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #4

Shlama All,

On the following link there is a list of Turkish embassies around the world, many of which have email and fax. Please take the time to write to them and let them know the world is watching!

http://www.ozgurluk.org/hrights/37days/embassies.html

Here is a list of Turkish consulates:

http://www.ozgurluk.org/hrights/37days/consulates.html

Thank you all so much for the support.....already we have had thousands of people who have participated in the email campaign.

May God bless you always, I am always grateful. I will keep you appraised of Fr. Yusuf's fate. Please pray for him.

Shlama w'Burkate,
Paul

Print Top
Dean Dana

Send email to Dean DanaSend private message to Dean DanaAdd Dean Dana to your contact list

Member:
Member Feedback

3. RE: Please, we need your help!

Nov-22-2000 at 01:25 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Akhi Paul

This is deplorable! I have signed the petition and will do what I can to help.

While at an Armenian wedding a month ago I saw a form letter prepared regarding HR596 meant to urge our congressman to support the bill. Are you familiar with this? I'd like to make copies of it to urge friends and family to support it but I cannot find it!

Saddened,

Dean Dana

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Member Feedback

5. Yes Akhi......

Nov-22-2000 at 02:48 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #3

Shlama Akhi Dean,

Thanks for supporting Fr. Yusuf. We are hearing about possible torture occuring now, and are horrified.

We fought alongside with our Armenian contacts for the passage of this bill. It would have given the long-anticipated recognition that all communities who have suffered were waiting for.

For more information on this bill (and other info), please visit the Armenian-Assyrian-Hellenic Genocide website at:

http://www.atour.com/~aahgn

To learn more about Turkish barbarity, please visit:

http://home.earthlink.net/~edwardk/mylinks/turkishcrimes.htm

Capitol Legal Council of B'nai B'rith -- "Make no mistake, those who are denying the Armenian genocide today are paving the way for those who deny other genocides and for those who will undoubtedly plan future episodes of race extermination."

Shlama w'Burkate,
Paul

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Member Feedback

7. The Untold Holocaust

Nov-22-2000 at 03:14 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #3

Shlama Akhi Dean,

Here is a video with more information:
http://www.atour.com/~tvradio/video/TheUntoldHolocaust.html

"It's a matter of indifference to me what a weak Western European civilization will say about me. I have issued the command - and I'll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by firing squad - that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formations in readiness - for the present only in the East - with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion men, women, and children.

... Only thus shall we gain the living space we need. Who, after all, speaks today of the extermination of the Armenians?" Adolf Hitler

Shlama w'Burkate,
Paul

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Member Feedback

8. News about Fr. Yusuf.

Nov-28-2000 at 10:34 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Shlama all,

We have been informed that Fr. Yusuf Akbulut, who was arrested by the Turkish government for making statements confirming the Genocide of the Armenians, Assyrians and Greeks at the hands of the Turks during WWI, has just been released from prison.

He is being kept under house arrest in his home in Diyarbakir. The court case that has been raised against him by the Turkish government charging him with "treason" has not been lifted yet. This means that he is still charged with "treason" and the case will be heard on December 21, 2000.

Thank you all for your continued help! The Turkish government is starting to feel the pressure!

Shlama w'Burkate,
Paul

Print Top
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Member Feedback

9. RE: News about Fr. Yusuf.

Jan-11-2001 at 11:04 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #8

Just wondering...any news since then? They must have wrapped up the case by now!

Shlama,
Andrew

Print Top

Sargonadmin

Send email to SargonSend private message to SargonView profile of SargonAdd Sargon to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

10. RE: News about Fr. Yusuf

Jan-12-2001 at 04:31 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #9

In what can be deemed as the Turkish government's effort to defuse the international protests regarding this case, it has been rescheduled for February. For more information, click here.

Print Top
Savitri

Send email to SavitriSend private message to SavitriAdd Savitri to your contact list

Member:
Member Feedback

11. What about God's help?

Jan-12-2001 at 05:42 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Shlama, All --

Paul, you once chided me for holding back some "minority" comments, so this time I'm putting them on the table.

Two thousand years ago it was the Roman Empire that was persecuting Jews and, ultimately, followers of "The Way" as well. The atrocities were plentiful, and beyond description; we're told that only one out of ten "criminals" survived even the floggings.

The response on the part of Judea was unified, even though not united: Unrest, outrage, condemnation, and even armed conflict was the order of the day. And for those who chose to shout their outrage in the marketplaces, and to carry it into the streets, there was support and approval, no matter how tacit.

Then, another Teacher came along, speaking with great authority a very different message. He pointed toward a way that would disarm the conflict and defuse the outrage, while at the same time allowing the one who did so, to enter what He called "the Kingdom of Heaven." Unfortunately, His "Way" necessitated that His followers look to changing themselves, rather than trying to change everyone else; but He did assure them that his method would be far, far more effective.

Since His "Way" required those who were being persecuted to love their persecutors, it didn't become popular right away. And, even though it gained greatly in popularity through the next two millennia, its followers have generally managed to put aside the ethic of unconditional love as being a "lovely thought, but impractical in these trying times." But the example set by Maran Yeshua is still there, still waiting.

If His followers have not yet advanced to the stage of doing "greater things" than He--as He promised--is it perhaps because we have not yet embraced the totality of His Teaching?

When we see atrocities being committed in our times, it is easy to fall back into the ways of "the world" and to rail against the Satan that is doing the persecuting, and to talk with passion of "saving the day" through political and/or armed intervention. But is this what each of us, as followers of Maran Yeshua, are being called to do from and in our hearts?

The call to embrace Father Yusef in support and in love is both compelling and valid; he deserves no less. But what about those who are persecuting him--should we respond to them with the same knee-jerk reactions that have maintained hostilities among men for countless millennia, or do we have yet another opportunity to "do it differently?" This is a decision that each person will make for him/herself; but it is clear that one choice is the response of "the world," and that the other is to open up to greater dimensions of relationship with our brothers and sisters around the world, with the Way of Maran Yeshua and, ultimately, with God. Or am I missing something?

So the question is, can we love and support Fr. Yusef, and at the same time, love his persecutors and thereby support the kind of "change" that has been promised by Yeshua? The Turks are neither satanic nor, for the most part, are they religious fanatics. Most of them live in harmony with Christians and Jews, and many of them claim this harmony as part of their cultural tradition. There are even many who, as Muslims, worship Yeshua in Christian sanctuaries. They are intelligent, loving people with families just like ours, and with the same desires that we have toward being spiritually fulfilled. I know this from personal experience.

So how will each of us choose to convince the Turkish government to show love and compassion--through anger and vitriolics, or by going deeply into our hearts and sharing the same gift with them that we would have FROM them? As we sign our petitions, make our phone c

Print Top
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Member Feedback

12. RE: What about God's help?

Jan-12-2001 at 11:30 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #11

Noble sentiments, Akhi Savitri, as long as you understand that what you are asking for is the equivalent of my people loving the Nazis.

How many times did our Savior also say, "This is a hard teaching...the person who can accept it should accept it"? And still...moneychangers tables were overturned and whole cities were condemned.

We remember also Gandhi, who said, "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind", but the fact is at the time Moses was being progressive. Only ONE EYE for an eye. Not a whole family. Not the village and not the race of people. Tamerlane never got this aspect of the teaching down, as history shows.

I agree that we should not judge and agree that it is wrong to paint ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE AS ALL EVIL NO MATTER WHAT THEIR FATHERS HAVE DONE.

However, neither should we sit in judgment when those who have been injured find it hard to recover.

I will give you one example. In my town of Philadlephia PA, there was a horrible murder. One teenage boy raped and murdered a ten year old and the crime was brutal even by our city standards. At first the parents were angry at the killer's entire family. Even after the teenager got life in prison they filed a wrongful death suit against his parents.

And then, a miracle happened. The two families started talking, and the mother of the victim realized that, in a way, they lost their son too. Eventually the suit was dropped and the two families became friends and went on TV talking about the importance of forgiveness-- but they did so only because 1) they were ready and 2)some fault was admitted.

Then a real kicker. The victim's parents, who had forgiven the family, were asked directly if they forgave the killer. Their answer was perfect: "We are praying towards that". In other words, "No. I'm not there yet, but with God's help I will be someday."

In the meantime we can not judge anyone as they go throgh such a horrific process-- and I'm not saying you did Savitri-- just wanted that clarification. You insight is valid and appreciated.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Member Feedback

13. RE: What about God's help?

Jan-12-2001 at 12:50 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #11

Shlama Akhi Savitr,

I of course understand the need to differentiate between the Turks as a people, and the actions of their government.

In no way do I advocate any hatred or animosity towards any group of people, and of course I love the Turkish people as fellow human beings, and take the commission of my Saviour very seriously, to love even my enemy.

My people's fight, and that of the Armenians and Greeks and all others who have been and are being oppressed, is with the policies of the various Turkish governing bodies who have slaughtered us over the 9 centuries of their mis-rule in Asia.

I remember sitting across the room from my Grandfather as a young child, and listening to the stories he would tell me about his village in Turkey. He wanted to convey how important it was for us in the West to remember and preserve our heritage and religious faith, since his parents were not so lucky.

When he was 12 years old in 1915, the Ottoman empire began it's systematic genocide against the entire Christian population within it's borders.

My Grandfather watched, along with his 9-year old sister, both of his parents being given the option to either recite the creed which constitutes the acceptance of Islam, or face the executioner with the sword. All the time, a mullah recited quotes from the Quran.

When they refused, of course, they both had their throats slashed, and were then thrown into the pit where the other 300 bodies were. The butchers then grabbed my Grandfather's little sister and carried her away. They then slashed his throat after he refused to convert to Islam.

He survived, miraculously, because they missed the jugular vein. He was pulled from the pit the next day after an Armenian woman heard his moaning and had pity on him, afterwards she raised him as her own. She had lost her husband and her 4 sons, and was too old to be in their harems. My Grandfather never saw his little sister again.

This is a scene which has been repeated for 9 centuries in the Turkish realm.

Believe it or not, the Church of the East at one point in history (the 11th-12th century) was larger than the Greek and Roman Churches combined according to most historians, including John Stewart and Samuel Hugh Moffett.
This was before the coming of Turkish rule, or the Ottoman empire.

My Grandfather eventually came to forgive the Turks, even the ones who were the perpetrators of the horrendous acts during 1915-1918.

But he told us never to forget that, as long as we are silent and weak, this scene will repeat itself in the future. And since then, we have seen it repeat itself in Germany, Iraq, Iran, Rwanda, Boznia and countless of other places.

Today, we see it happening again, only this time with the modern Turkish state.

There are fewer than 5,000 Syriac-Aramaic speaking Christians left in Turkey today. Even so, they are not allowed to teach their language or practice their religion freely. Free speech is, of course, non-existent.

We can love individuals and pray for them, but when the powerful government of 60 million people turns on and exterminates an unarmed minority within their borders, for being Christian, people of good conscience everywhere must speak out and fight.

Fr. Yusuf merely expressed a well-known and documented fact - the systematic killing of Christians in the Ottoman empire during WWI. The first Holocaust of the 20th century.

For a country like Turkey who wishes to join the European Union and be considered a modern and respectable nation, this sort of persecution and disregard of basic human rights, like free speech and religion, is an outrage.

Imagine if modern Germany arrested a Rabbi for speaking about the Holocaust. This is exactly th

Print Top
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Member Feedback

14. RE: What about God's help?

Jan-12-2001 at 04:25 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #13

I think the Muslims understand this idea too Akhi Paul. They have a saying:

"Trust in Allah-- but tie up your camel!"

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

>Shlama Akhi Savitr,
>
>I of course understand the need
>to differentiate between the Turks
>as a people, and the
>actions of their government.
>
>In no way do I advocate
>any hatred or animosity towards
>any group of people, and
>of course I love the
>Turkish people as fellow human
>beings, and take the commission
>of my Saviour very seriously,
>to love even my enemy.
>
>
>My people's fight, and that of
>the Armenians and Greeks and
>all others who have been
>and are being oppressed, is
>with the policies of the
>various Turkish governing bodies who
>have slaughtered us over the
>9 centuries of their mis-rule
>in Asia.
>
>I remember sitting across the room
>from my Grandfather as a
>young child, and listening to
>the stories he would tell
>me about his village in
>Turkey. He wanted to
>convey how important it was
>for us in the West
>to remember and preserve our
>heritage and religious faith, since
>his parents were not so
>lucky.
>
>When he was 12 years old
>in 1915, the Ottoman empire
>began it's systematic genocide against
>the entire Christian population within
>it's borders.
>
>My Grandfather watched, along with his
>9-year old sister, both of
>his parents being given the
>option to either recite the
>creed which constitutes the acceptance
>of Islam, or face the
>executioner with the sword.
>All the time, a mullah
>recited quotes from the Quran.
>
>
>When they refused, of course, they
>both had their throats slashed,
>and were then thrown into
>the pit where the other
>300 bodies were. The
>butchers then grabbed my Grandfather's
>little sister and carried her
>away. They then slashed
>his throat after he refused
>to convert to Islam.
>
>He survived, miraculously, because they missed
>the jugular vein. He
>was pulled from the pit
>the next day after an
>Armenian woman heard his moaning
>and had pity on him,
>afterwards she raised him as
>her own. She had
>lost her husband and her
>4 sons, and was too
>old to be in their
>harems. My Grandfather never
>saw his little sister again.
>
>
>This is a scene which has
>been repeated for 9 centuries
>in the Turkish realm.
>
>Believe it or not, the Church
>of the East at one
>point in history (the 11th-12th
>century) was larger than the
>Greek and Roman Churches combined
>according to most historians, including
>John Stewart and Samuel Hugh
>Moffett.
>This was before the coming of
>Turkish rule, or the Ottoman
>empire.
>
>My Grandfather eventually came to forgive
>the Turks, even the ones
>who were the perpetrators of
>the horrendous acts during 1915-1918.
>
>
>But he told us never to
>forget that, as long as
>we are silent and weak,
>this scene will repeat itself
>in the future. And
>since then, we have seen
>it repeat itself in Germany,
>Iraq, Iran, Rwanda, Boznia and
>countless of other places.
>
>

Print Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service