Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

A post attacking me.......

Archived: Read only    Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums Peshitta Topic #495
Help Print Share

Paul Younanmoderator

Send email to Paul YounanSend private message to Paul YounanView profile of Paul YounanAdd Paul Younan to your contact list

Member: Jun-1-2000
Member Feedback

A post attacking me.......

May-31-2001 at 11:37 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

Last edited by Paul Younan on May-31-2001 at 12:05 PM (CT)

Shlama Akhay Kulkhon,

Normally, I ignore these types of things, but I just felt the need to share this with you. This person, by the name of Fred Parhad, is attacking me on an Assyrian forum located at http://aina.org/bbs/index.cgi and I just thought you may find some of his comments amusing. Please be forewarned, that his comments will be particularly offensive to our Jewish readership. This man is an Assyrian who hates the Christian religion and blames the "Jews" for the downfall of our empire. I will post my reply to him below this message.

Well, enjoy....I guess. Sorry to have to put you through this.

This whole thing began with my following post:
I was wondering if you could help me with some historical info. I would love any information you may have on any historical quotes you may have access to from the Western tradition (from Patriarchs, Saints, etc.) on the Peshi-tta and Aramaic/Syriac primacy for the New Testament.

I know in the Church of the East, this is viewed as the original New Testament written in the language of our Lord himself.

What, if any, tradition is there on this topic from the Syriac Orthodox Church?

I would appreciate any help, as I would love to include such quotes on my website.

To which Fred Parhad replied:

I have some respect yet for Paul Younan. I wish him no harm. I wish I could say the same for him. He is furiously at work trying to get us the most accurate definition of what the bible ACTUALLY says. He is funded in this by...natch, the Jews. He said himself that he must be careful not to anger HIS "masters".

I don't mind that. Ghassan Hanna is at work making more efficient helmets for the United States military...helmets which will be used to help the army better target Iraqi soldiers with for one. There is a whole crop of our people out there who have no idea, as they meet, fall in love, marry and take delight in their newborn child, the dear little one that looks so much like grandpa...that one of "ours" is being paid to develop the weapons which will kill that young father, maybe get the mother raped and possibly starve that child to death before it has a chance to understand its loss.

It is NOT in order to allow us to drive OUR kids here to soccer practice that these heinous crimes are being committed...and you all know there is NO energy shortage and there never ever was. It is in order to make even more obscene profits for a few that these people are being killed dead...and we are being used as the excuse. This is all being done to "insure" our comfort...insure our way of life etc. It is a way of life which has already rotted the soul and will kill the body and mind...it is murdering innocent people...pure and simple...and geting permission from US to do it in our name.

Paul is hard at work to insure that the Jews get the last and complete laugh over us. He will hand over to them a "holy" book, more exact and more precise in OUR OWN language, in its desription of what we were to the Jews. We might even learn how many times Lot "had" his daughters. Way to go Paul...JUST what we needed to find out. maybe some day, someone of more integrity will insist on reading the clay tablets mouldering away in any number of Museum vaults...the ones that if deciphered, would blow a hole big enough to push Ghassan's round ##### through any number of "your" holy Bibles. tell me Paul...is BetNahrain your holy land, or is it Israel? Is Nineveh the home of your Lord, or is it Jerusalem, a city for which more and more people are being killed even as they are in Baghdad? Why bother being Assyrian at all, and in which way, exactly ARE you Assyrian? Aramaic was the language of the Jews as well...Egyptians too. Is it the tea Paul? Is that all it takes?

(The language) of your "lord" himself? And who could this "Lord" be? It can't be Ashur whom you consigned to a perch in hell. It must be Jehovah and his son...both Jews. Tell me all about your pride in being Assyrian, Paul. Tell it to your kids when they grow up.

We all have to make a living Paul. Should I go work for the Jews and make scenes showing the destruction of Nineveh? Shall I sculpt our fall "more accurately" for their edification and delight? Will you provide Ross with better material for the Forum? Aren't you already doing that by showing him and others like him, how sorry you are for those murderous savages...your ancestors?

Get paid in silver Paul?

To which I replied:

Below the belt, Fred.

I have no problem admitting that my ancestors committed both glorious and shameful deeds. All great civilizations do.

As far as my 'obsession' with Jews, I have none. The Jews, our brothers, are descended from the same Semitic stock as we are, as our brothers the Arabs are. I love them as much as I love Assyrians, Zimbabweans and the Irish (sorry if I've left out anyone.)

I happen to worship the God of my forefathers *before* they switched to ancestor-worship (Ashur was our ancestor.) The God of my forefather Noah and his son Shem, from which the great Semitic stock (Assyrians, Jews and Arabs) descended.

You forget that the Assyrians never had only *one* religion. Take your pick. We were, at any given time, sun-worshippers, ancestor-worshippers, Zorastrians, Jews, Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Darwinians, Buddhists, etc.

I happen to be a Christian, and yes, I am very proud that our Jewish brethren led us back to the true Faith. This is my opinion, you are entitled to your own.

You accuse me of claiming that "I have to be careful not to offend my masters." I have never made any such claim. You may be referring to my explanation as to why my forum is moderated. I told you it was because a Palestinian Muslim began to attack the Jewish readership of my forum, and that I (and, they) found this person and his words offensive. This can hardly be fairly portrayed as you have attempted to portray it.

I do have a Jewish Master, but only One. Do not make Him plural, that was the mistake our ancestors made. Oh, sorry. Our ancestors, the glorious Assyrians, made no mistakes - I forgot.

You also charge that I am "...funded by the Jews." Anyone who knows me knows that I have never accepted one red cent for anything I have ever done in my research and translating. That is totally unfair, Fred. You are making up lies and in a public forum, nontheless.

You charge that "Paul is hard at work to insure that the Jews get the last and complete laugh over us." I can assure you, the only people who make us a laughing stock is those who, like you, attack our own without warrant. Our greatest enemies are within, and I am not one of them.

You then have the audacity to ask "tell me Paul...is BetNahrain your holy land, or is it Israel?"

How dare you try and create a false dichotomy between my Faith and my Heritage? I will not even grace that question with an answer.

You then ask: "Why bother being Assyrian at all, and in which way, exactly ARE you Assyrian? Aramaic was the language of the Jews as well...Egyptians too. Is it the tea Paul? Is that all it takes?"

I am an Aramaic-speaking, Christian Assyrian. That's good enough for me, and it's good enough for you, too.

You wrote: "Of your "lord" himself? And who could this "Lord" be? It can't be Ashur whom you consigned to a perch in hell. It must be Jehovah and his son...both Jews. Tell me all about your pride in being Assyrian, Paul. Tell it to your kids when they grow up."

I actually will. I'll tell them about our achievements and our mistakes.

As for your lord Ashur, remember - Nineveh fell on *his* watch. He must have been napping. Can't blame the Jewish God for that one, can ya?

You end with - "Get paid in silver Paul?"

No, with Eternal Life. Just like your glorious Assyrian ancestors have for the past 2,000 years.

Shlama w'Burkate, Paul

Fk^rwbw 0ml4

Peshitta.org

Print Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic
Iakov

Send email to IakovSend private message to IakovAdd Iakov to your contact list

Member:
Member Feedback

1. RE: A post encouraging me.......

May-31-2001 at 12:04 PM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Akhi PAul,

Well said. I guess your position puts you in the front of a different battle line I never saw.

I guess the close blood line make the relationship much like to brothers Love-Hate.

Shlama w'Burkate
Iakov.
Baruk ata Adonai, bishvil evedkha, Paul.

Print Top
vabra

Send email to vabraSend private message to vabraAdd vabra to your contact list

Member:
Member Feedback

2. RE: A post attacking me.......

Jun-26-2001 at 08:04 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Dear Paul,

I just read a little of the garbage that was written about you, by I don't know who, I don't even want to look at his name, because such people make me sick, because even what happened to the great Ninevah is not enough for them.

Paul, have you read where Jesus says the sons of Ninevah shall stand in Judgement...or in the Old Testament where God is talking about Israel, Assyria and Egypt being one, WHO DO YOU THINK THIS GOD IS TALKING ABOUT? Assyrians with SUCH hatred in them? NO MY DEAR BROTHER, HE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU AND ME AND ANYONE ELSE WHO TRUELY WORSHIPS HIM FIRST AND THEN LOVE HIS BROTHER.

Print Top
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Send email to Andrew Gabriel RothSend private message to Andrew Gabriel RothView profile of Andrew Gabriel RothAdd Andrew Gabriel Roth to your contact list

Member: Sep-6-2000
Member Feedback

3. RE: A post attacking me.......

Jun-26-2001 at 08:30 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #2

Shlama kulkhon!

You know my friends, my heart has been quite heavy with seeing things like this all over the web. I wanted only, for the sake perhaps of just myself venting a bit, to post the following:

"Love is long suffering and kind. Love does not envy. Love is not ruffled or puffed up, and does not do that which is shameful and does not seek its own, and is not enraged and does not think that which is evil. It does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth. Endures everythings, believes everything, hopes all, bears all. Love never fails. For prophecies will cease and tongues will be silent and knowledge will cease. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. Now when that which is complete comes, then that which is partial will cease. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, and I thought as a child, and I reasoned as a child. But when I became a man, I ceased these things of youth. Now as in a mirror we see in parable, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know as I am known. For there are these three that abide, trust and hope and love, but that which is the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13:4-14 (HRV)

May I simply add:

Maran Atha, Aw-MAYN.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Print Top

Paul Younanmoderator

Send email to Paul YounanSend private message to Paul YounanView profile of Paul YounanAdd Paul Younan to your contact list

Member: Jun-1-2000
Member Feedback

4. RE: A post attacking me.......

Jun-26-2001 at 10:19 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #2

Amen Khati Vergeen,

The people of Nineveh did believe in God's message through His prophet Younan (Jonah) and, later, through the Apostles sent to us.

Unfortunately, people like Fred Parhad (that's his name) think that being Christian makes us less Assyrian than he is. He's wrong. I think it makes us more Assyrian, since our ancestors, while Nineveh was still standing, worshipped Him. And they will stand, as examples of those who repented, in judgement of those who didn't, as Maran Eshoa said.

This is why I particularly enjoy the Rogation of the Ninevites, of all our feast days, the best. Because it reminds us of the importance of repentance and of God's mercy, both to our forefathers and to us (the whole world.)

To which other Gentile nation did God ever send a prophet? The Assyrians were the only ones mentioned in the Old Testament, who received a prophet from among the Jews - the prophets and priests of His covenant. I can't think of another Gentile nation who was sent a prophet.

There must have been a reason for it. Perhaps it was in preparation for the Message of Mshikha, no?

Perhaps it was to preserve His words in His original language, as we spread the Gospel all the way to Japan?

I don't know what reason, exactly, but I'm glad He did.

Fk^rwbw 0ml4

Peshitta.org

Print Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service