Assyrian Forums
 Home  |  Ads  |  Partners  |  Sponsors  |  Contact  |  FAQs  |  About  

Holocaust  |  History  |  Library  |  People  |  TV-Radio  |  Forums  |  Community  |  Directory

General  |  Activism  |  Arts  |  Education  |  Family  |  Financial  |  Government  |  Health  |  History  |  News  |  Religion  |  Science  |  Sports
   Greetings · Shläma · Bärev Dzez · Säludos · Grüße · Shälom · Χαιρετισμοί · Приветствия · 问候 · Bonjour · 挨拶 · تبریکات  · Selamlar · अभिवादन · Groete · التّحيّات

Assyrian Confederation of Europe: Assyrian Global Governance

Previous Topic Next Topic
Home Forums Activism Topic #207
Help Print Share

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

Assyrian Confederation of Europe: Assyrian Global Governance

Aug-21-2021 at 01:43 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/186966895

Assyrian Convention in Gothenburg, Sweden. | AssyriaTV

On Saturday October 8, 2016 the Assyrian Confederation of Europe (ACE) held its first general assembly where a new president and board were elected. A panel discussion with the board of ACE on the objectives of the Confederation. Panel on Assyrian global governance with Michael Youash, Mardean Isaac and Afram Yakoub, moderated by Reine Hanna. Short speeches by the guests of honor Prof. Efram Yildiz (Salamanca University, Spain) and Mr. Ninos Ternian (ANB Sat)

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Atouradmin

Send email to AtourSend private message to AtourView profile of AtourAdd Atour to your contact list

Member: Dec-10-1996
Member Feedback

1. Jeff Halper: War Against the People

Sep-01-2021 at 08:01 AM (UTC+3 Nineveh, Assyria)

In reply to message #0

Last edited on Sep-08-2021 at 08:24 AM (UTC 3 Nineveh, Assyria)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDRtkphJEw

Jeff Halper: War Against the People

Jeff Halper: War Against the People
by Ed Mays - Ed Mays Productions, April 15, 2016.
War Against the People: Israel, The Palestinians and Global Pacification

If anyone needed an example of the stark difference between reality and propaganda as represented by corporate media news coverage in the US, one would have a hard time finding a better one than how they spin the Israel/Palestine issue. I was abruptly reminded of this watching Hillary Clinton’s endless spewing of propaganda myths this evening in the NY debate. It makes me wonder if inside that beltway bubble they have ever heard of social media. I suspect this might backfire on Hillary.

The credibility of the establishment narrative took a big hit with Israel’s last invasion of Gaza. While they were broadcasting the standard BS, social media was awash with pictures of the horror that was going down as it was happening. But even though I have been following this issue for a long time, and consider myself to be better informed than most, Jeff Halper somehow always manages to change the entire paradigm.

As you watch this, I suspect this might happen to you. This was a long talk and it took many hours to edit down to the 58 min. broadcast window. But I have posted the long version here so that you can see all of it.

A leading figure in the Israeli peace movement, co-founder of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD), noted scholar, educator and prolific author, Halper, starts off by posing the question: “How does Israel get away with it?” He says the standard assumptions- the Israeli lobby, etc. “didn’t do it for him”. What he found exposes a hidden world of military/security relationships. Technology and systems of surveillance and population control that Israel peddles to global ruling elites for their militaries, corporations, security agencies, and police forces in order to make itself essential to the global capitalist security state system as everyday life becomes evermore militarized.

Israel is a world leader in high tech systems of repression for global pacification and they have millions of people to test these weapons on. Far from a burden or a threat, he says Israeli elites view the occupation and their periodic wars as an opportunity - a laboratory. What’s worse, Israeli militarism and its horrors cannot be seen in isolation. As Halper demonstrates, systems like weaponized nanotechnology, database tracking, automated targeting, and unmanned drones don’t just threaten the lives and civil liberties of Palestinians. You might find that some of this technology is already being used on you.

Jeff Halper is the author of Between Redemption and Revival: The Jewish Yishuv in Jerusalem in the Nineteenth Century; An Israeli in Palestine: Resisting Dispossession, Redeeming Israel; Obstacles to Peace: A Reframing of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, and his latest; War Against the People: Israel, The Palestinians and Global Pacification. Halper travels and lectures widely on the Israeli/Palestinian issue. In 2006, the American Friends Service Committee nominated him along with Palestinian Ghassan Andoni for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Thanks to the Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice and Jewish Voice for Peace - Tacoma. Recorded 2/24/2016

Pirate TV is a 58 minute weekly TV show that provides the book talk and lecture content for Free Speech TV. Pirate TV challenges the Media Blockade, bringing you independent voices, information and programming unavailable on the Corporate Sponsor-Ship. These posts are for YouTube and are usually longer than the broadcast versions. You will notice that I don't monetize my videos. I'm irritated by constant interruptions as I'm sure are you, and I would like to have a say over sponsorship. If you would like to pitch in to support this work, consider a donation: https://www.edmaysproductions.net/piratetvsubdirectories/support.html
or PayPal: PirateTVSeattle@gmail.com

License
Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)

Attachments

Alert   IP Print   Edit        Reply      Re-Quote Top

Forums Topics  Previous Topic Next Topic

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998)   1:  an ancient empire of Ashur   2:  a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and eastern Syria.)   3:  a democratic state that fosters the social and political rights to all of its inhabitants irrespective of their religion, race, or gender   4:  a democratic state that believes in the freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture in faithfulness to the principles of the United Nations Charter — Atour synonym

Ethnicity, Religion, Language
» Israeli, Jewish, Hebrew
» Assyrian, Christian, Aramaic
» Saudi Arabian, Muslim, Arabic
Assyrian \ã-'sir-é-an\ adj or n (1998)   1:  descendants of the ancient empire of Ashur   2:  the Assyrians, although representing but one single nation as the direct heirs of the ancient Assyrian Empire, are now doctrinally divided, inter sese, into five principle ecclesiastically designated religious sects with their corresponding hierarchies and distinct church governments, namely, Church of the East, Chaldean, Maronite, Syriac Orthodox and Syriac Catholic.  These formal divisions had their origin in the 5th century of the Christian Era.  No one can coherently understand the Assyrians as a whole until he can distinguish that which is religion or church from that which is nation -- a matter which is particularly difficult for the people from the western world to understand; for in the East, by force of circumstances beyond their control, religion has been made, from time immemorial, virtually into a criterion of nationality.   3:  the Assyrians have been referred to as Aramaean, Aramaye, Ashuraya, Ashureen, Ashuri, Ashuroyo, Assyrio-Chaldean, Aturaya, Chaldean, Chaldo, ChaldoAssyrian, ChaldoAssyrio, Jacobite, Kaldany, Kaldu, Kasdu, Malabar, Maronite, Maronaya, Nestorian, Nestornaye, Oromoye, Suraya, Syriac, Syrian, Syriani, Suryoye, Suryoyo and Telkeffee. — Assyrianism verb

Aramaic \ar-é-'máik\ n (1998)   1:  a Semitic language which became the lingua franca of the Middle East during the ancient Assyrian empire.   2:  has been referred to as Neo-Aramaic, Neo-Syriac, Classical Syriac, Syriac, Suryoyo, Swadaya and Turoyo.

Please consider the environment when disposing of this material — read, reuse, recycle. ♻
AIM | Atour: The State of Assyria | Terms of Service